Monday, April 26, 2010

Vanilla... or Butter Pecan?

Who knew that picking out a simple white paint color could be so stinkin' hard! I have a shelving unit that I've been wanting to paint off-white, so I took a trip to the hardware store to pick up a quart of paint. I sure didn't anticipate spending a good half hour shuffling through paint samples, trying to find my perfect shade of white. I just stood and stared at the sea of white for awhile, not knowing where to begin. But, after thumbing through what seemed like millions of shades (most of which had names that made my mouth water... Butter Pecan, Lemon Chiffon, Milkyway and Vanilla Ice Cream), I found what will hopefully be my perfect white.



Benjamin Moore's Mannequin Cream. Not the tastiest of paint names, but a perfect creamy off-white. I haven't painted with it yet. Actually, I have yet to even open the can. But I'll tackle the task sometime this week. I've been under the weather for the past 3 or 4 days, so I haven't been able to get much done.

Happy Monday! (If that's possible?) :)

2 comments: